Beautiful smile makeovers with Porcelain Veneers
Everyone wants a picture-perfect smile. If various cosmetic dental treatments don’t seem to deliver the traffic-stopping smile of your dreams, then it might be time to consider dental veneers.
Dental veneers are ultra-thin porcelain covers that a dental professional adheres to the front surface of the teeth to hide minor imperfections. Veneers are a permanent, safe, and aesthetically-pleasing solution to improve your smile, enhance your appearance, and boost your confidence.
Veneers are the ultimate combination of dental art and science, handcrafted and customized to fit your smile. These paper-thin pieces of porcelain bond to the outside of your natural teeth. But just because they’re thin, don’t be fooled. Veneers are highly versatile and can replicate all the complex nuances of a natural tooth.
If you’re ready for a smile makeover, then it’s time to schedule your dental veneer consultation. Our team at Worcester Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry will expertly assess your dental health and prepare you for the dental veneer journey. Call us today at (508) 852-1900 to get started!
Am I a Candidate for Veneers?
At Worcester Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry, we recommend dental veneers for patients with:
- Deep, intrinsic, or whitening-resistant stains on their teeth
- Slightly misaligned teeth
- Gaps in their teeth
- Chipped, cracked, or fractured teeth
At Worcester Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry, we don’t recommend dental veneers for patients with:
- Healthy teeth and gums: Veneers do not treat cavities or gum disease. Therefore, our skilled dentists must treat any existing cavities, infections, or gum disease before proceeding with veneer treatment.
- Sufficient tooth enamel: Veneer treatment requires the removal of a small amount of tooth enamel. Subsequently, our team is looking for a healthy tooth structure with sufficient enamel.
- Signs of bruxism: Teeth grinding–or bruxism–may put excessive wear and tear on dental veneers. Therefore, our dentists need to assess your bite before beginning the dental veneer process.
What to Expect
There’s a lot of diagnostic work and careful planning that goes into a treatment plan that includes veneers. Models, photographs, and digital x-rays allow you and the doctor to create a perfect blueprint to guide your treatment from start to finish.
Typically, patients can get a dazzling, new smile with veneers in as little as two office visits. At the first visit, our dedicated dental team will discuss your smile goals and prepare your teeth by removing a very small amount of tooth enamel. Next, we will take impressions of your teeth. Then, we will send your impressions to a trusted and qualified dental lab to custom-make your veneers. Our team will place temporary veneers on your teeth to protect them until we receive your final veneers.
After the dental lab finishes your personalized veneers, we will schedule a second appointment to place them. At this appointment, we will ensure that your veneers fit properly, feel comfortable, and look exactly how you want them to look. Then, Dr. Hedstrom will permanently bond them to your teeth using a strong dental adhesive.
HOw do I care formy Veneers?
Veneers are an investment in your image and health. And, as such, we recommend that our patients take good care of them to fully realize their investment. So, here are a few ways that you can prolong the life of your veneers:
- Good oral hygiene: Brushing at least twice daily and flossing once daily will keep your teeth, gums, and veneers healthy. We recommend that patients use a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to prevent scratching their new veneers.
- Avoid nail-biting and hard or sticky foods: Nail-biting and excessively hard, sticky, or crunchy foods may dislodge new veneers from your teeth.
- Regular dental visits: Routine dental checkups and cleanings are your first defense against oral issues. We recommend that patients visit our dental clinic at least every 6 months.
In most cases, patients can expect to enjoy their veneers for at least a decade. However, properly caring for your new veneers may allow you to enjoy them for a lifetime!
Our patients are our biggest fans. Here are a few highlights from our public reviews.
Schedule Your Next Visit Today!
1 West Boylston Street, Suite 203
Worcester, MA 01605